Last year I decided to redo how I post. It will still be on the first of every month, but it will be a little more filling than usual.
I’ll be talking about what I’ve done in the last month, and what the plans are for the coming month. I’ll post about the new formats for my books. I have large print and hardcovers coming this year, so I’ll definitely be posting about those.
To get this party started, let’s launch into February 1st’s post containing what I have planned for the year, what I’ve already done so far this year, and what I hope to get done this month. The usual mid-year catch-up and end of year catch-up will also happen, but that will be the basic structure of each month’s blog posts from now on. What I’ve done and what I’m going to do. And once again, green is for done, orange for in the process of, and red for not getting done.
So let’s get into it.
Here’s what I want to achieve and have already achieved just in the first month of the 2020.
What I’ve already done…
– 1 – Reorganised how I’m going to do things on TKWrathbone.com.
The blog will be a monthly catch up, or newsletter style post talking about what I’ve done in the last month and what I’ve got planned for the next.
– 2 – Changed my author tagline to make it more about what I write.
– 4 – Updated my bio across my website and all of my social media along with the logo.
– 5 – Reorganised my social media and updated my Pinterest boards.
What’s already in the making for this year…
– 1 – The print version of last year’s stories is done and will be released in March 2019 as a trade paperback, large print paperback, casebound hardcover and dust jacket hardcover.
– 2 – ALL of the Bones books will be released in casebound hardcovers, dust jacket hardcovers, and large print paperbacks.
What I have planned for the year…
– 1 – Write the next three stories and anthology.
– 1.1 – Type them up, edit them, send them off for editing, edit some more.
– 1.2 – Get the covers done, check the proofs, and release them in e-book, paperback, and hardcover formats in the second half of the year.
– 2 – Finish off the character lists I started and upload them to the tkwrathbone.com website.
– 3 – Try and post to Insta, FB, TW more during the week, and Pin monthly.
– 4 – Overhaul the website and give it a front page.
– 5 – Get a mailing list set up for my books and a newsletter set up on the website.
So, that’s the yearly plan.
For the month of February, here’s what I hope to get done…
– 1 – Start writing something. If not, at least get the synopsis and ideas flowing by sorting out what I’m going to write.
– 2 – Get the proofs of the large print and hardcover versions of all my books.
It’s the first time I’ve done large prints and hardcovers, so I’ll need some time to see how they turned out and what needs tweaking..
– 3 – Post weekly to social media.
I always post to Insta and send it through to Facebook, Twitter, so you’ll see what I post somewhere. I’m aiming for book, author, blurb, horror, supernatural, anything writer related posts, as I don’t really have too much to post about, personally.
But I’ve been really slack, so it’s a goal for this year.
– 4 – Get March’s blog post done.
– 5 – look into getting a newsletter on the website as that may be all I can do at this point.
So, that’s the first blog post for 2020. See you on March 1st.